“Content Marketing is all the marketing that’s left.” Seth Godin, Best Selling Author, Marketing Guru
Silver bullets can kill monsters but not unless they are fired in the right direction. Engaging content is only half the game.
Social media marketing has exploded in recent years because it allows a smart marketer to hyper-target a message directly to the audience most likely to take action.
- Inbound marketing delivers 54% more leads into the marketing funnel than traditional outbound marketing. (Hubspot)
- 8 in 10 marketers report increased traffic with as little as 6 hours a week invested in Social Media Marketing. (Social Media Examiner)
- 8 in 10 B2B marketers believe social media is an effective channel. (Omobono)
- 8 in 10 companies have dedicated social media teams (up from 67% in 2012). (Altimiter Group)
- Social media marketing budgets are projected to double over the next five years. (CMO Survey)
“Whether you’re in the B2B or B2C sales side and whether or not your product is a cheap impulse buy or a multi-million dollar long term sales cycle, your business is now – without a doubt – a media company as well.” Mitch Joel, President, Mirum
Like it or Not, Yours is a Media Company
Are you looking at your organization as a media company? If not, you’re leaving sales on the table.